Version Control: Link
Minimum required Qt 4.x
|Submitted: Jan 10 2012|
Updated: May 22 2014
Dianara is a pump.io client, an application for GNU/linux that allows users to manage their pump.io social networking accounts without the need to use a web browser.
Here's a summary of the main things it can do at this point: Posting text with some formatting, uploading pictures, audio, video and other files, receiving and navigating the timelines, liking/commenting/sharing/deleting/editing posts, liking, editing and deleting comments, editing your profile, changing your avatar, following/unfollowing people and managing contacts and person lists.
You can run 2 or more instances of Dianara with different configurations, by using the "--config" command line parameter.
Dianara is available in Chakra, Mageia 4, Debian Testing/Sid, Ubuntu 13.10/14.04 KaosX and openSuse Factory repositories.
Archlinux packages (via AUR) here:
Gentoo ebuild: http://packages.gentoo.org/package/net-im/dianara
Fedora packages here: http://sylke.altervista.org/repo/
MSwindows builds available here: http://luisgf.es/pump/
Check the INSTALL file carefully for building instructions, and the BUGS and TODO files to see all the known issues.
In July 2013, identi.ca completed the migration to the pump.io platform, so its users can use Dianara to manage their identi.ca accounts now.
Dianara is available in English, Catalan, Spanish and Italian languages. Partially translated to German. There is a polish translation in the works.
If you're interested in translating it to your language, let me know. It's quite easy.
- Upload of other media types (audio, video, misc files).
Keep in mind that most people won't be able to see these at the moment!
(Related Pump.io issue: https://github.com/e14n/pump.io/issues/1014)
- Nicer download of media attachments.
- New --config parameter, to use a different configuration on startup.
Using this, you can run 2 or 3 instances of Dianara for different accounts.
- System tray icon can be configured to show your avatar, or a custom image.
- Added an optional toolbar.
- Added some widgets to the status bar.
- Avatar button gets highlighted when hovering, to make it more obvious.
- New messages are highlighted with a gradient on the right side.
- Added partial german translation, by Emvigo.
- Some minor fixes.
- Comments can be edited.
- Ability to search the contact list by partial name or address.
- Filters have been extended to be used in the timelines too, and can also be set to *highlight* posts, in addition to hiding them.
- Fixed very wide comments.
- Nicer avatars-buttons with options are used everywhere now.
- Meanwhile items such as "someone followed someone else", also have an avatar-button for that person, with the usual options.
- 'Meanwhile' item highlighting uses different, customizable colors. These are also used in the Timeline posts, where appropriate.
- Configurable notifications.
- More information in Meanwhile tooltips.
- Fuzzy timestamps, like "3 minutes ago" are updated every minute.
- Log window.
- Post of type 'audio', 'video' and 'file' are shown in a basic manner.
Video/Audio upload mostly works but has been disabled for this release.
- More keyboard control for timelines (Ctrl+Up/Down/PgUp/PgDown/Home/End).
- Quoting partial comments (selected text) now works, though it has issues.
- Info about a hovered URL in posts and comments is now shown in the status bar.
- New contacts are added to the lists without the need to fully reload them after following or unfollowing someone.
- Several enhancements in the Image Viewer.
- Added some fallback icons, to be used when the system iconset doesn't have an appropriate icon.
- Disable some menus and widgets until Dianara is authorized to use an account.
- New libmagic dependency.
- Lots of other fixes and improvements.
- The Meanwhile feed now highlights activities related to you. There is a counter for new activities, which are also darker until clicked.
- Button to open related posts from the Meanwhile feed. (Has issues, see pump.io issue https://github.com/e14n/pump.io/issues/873)
- Ability to manage members of person lists.
- Filters to block activities in the Meanwhile feed containing certain words, from certain users, or from certain applications (like OFG).
- Button to get more (older) items in the Meanwhile feed.
- The contact list gets all contacts now (previously limited to 200).
- Own posts are no longer counted as new.
- Some keyboard shortcuts have been hardcoded, so they should work under bare WMs, like OpenBox. Some new shortcuts have been added.
- Better publisher layout. The option to select different publisher layouts has been removed.
- Moved "Formatting" button out of the composer.
- Different posts-per-page configurations for the main timeline and the rest.
- Option to mark everything as read.
- Show post's location, if there is one.
- Account configuration will show automatically on the first run of the program.
- The interface should be more responsive now while updating timelines.
- Option to normalize post text colors temporarily.
- Some data is stored differently now, so a few things will reset on first use.
- Lots of other small fixes and enhancements.