Version Control: Link
Minimum required Qt 4.x
|Submitted: Jan 10 2012|
Updated: Sep 6 2014
Dianara is a pump.io client, an application for GNU/linux that allows users to manage their pump.io social networking accounts without the need to use a web browser.
Here's a summary of the main things it can do at this point: Posting text with some formatting, uploading pictures, audio, video and other files, receiving and navigating the timelines, liking/commenting/sharing/deleting/editing posts, liking, editing and deleting comments, editing your profile, changing your avatar, following/unfollowing people and managing contacts and person lists.
You can run 2 or more instances of Dianara with different configurations, by using the "--config" command line parameter.
Dianara is available in Chakra, Mageia 4, Debian Testing/Sid, Ubuntu 13.10/14.04 KaosX and openSuse Factory repositories.
Archlinux packages (via AUR) here:
Gentoo ebuild: http://packages.gentoo.org/package/net-im/dianara
Fedora packages here: http://sylke.altervista.org/repo/
MSwindows builds available here: http://luisgf.es/pump/
If you need to build from source, check the INSTALL file carefully for building instructions, and the BUGS and TODO files to see all the known issues.
In July 2013, identi.ca completed the migration to the pump.io platform, so its users can use Dianara to manage their identi.ca accounts now.
Dianara is available in English, Catalan, Spanish and Italian languages. Partially translated to German and Polish.
If you're interested in translating it to your language, let me know. It's quite easy.
- Configurable fonts.
- Ability to open the parent post for posts in the timelines, if they were replies to something, such as a shared comment appearing in the timeline.
- Option to send a message to a contact directly from the avatar menu and from the contact list.
- Show your user ID in popup notifications. Useful if you run more than one instance of Dianara for different accounts.
- Show total number of items in timelines, in the tooltips of their tabs, and the total number of pages with the current page number, at the bottom.
- Show how many Meanwhile items are highlighted, among those that are new.
- Some settings in Configure dialog have been rearranged.
- Filter comparison for "Activity description" removes links from it, allowing for simpler rules.
- More details about post location, in the tooltip of the location name.
- Fixed Meanwhile feed growing very wide sometimes.
- Fixed Edit button not working on posts opened in separate window.
- Other bug fixes and minor changes.
- Proxy configuration support. Password is not stored securely, so you can leave it empty and be prompted for it on startup.
- Animated images are now animated when viewed in the separate image viewer.
- Filters are now case insensitive, ie. "openfarmgame" matches "OpenFarmGame".
- Added a delay before reloading all comments after posting a reply.
- Enhanced initialization, so Dianara will keep on trying to get all initial data (your profile, etc) if it fails initially.
- Basic Help window.
- Configurable "unread post" color.
- Show To/CC info in the timestamp tooltip of minor feed activities.
- The Normalize Text Colors option in posts works in most cases now.
- Link color is no longer specified, so other contacts will see links in the color configured by them.
- New way to show attachments, including attached images.
- Better filename suggestions when saving attachments.
- Option to create bullet lists in the Format menu.
- More symbols in the Format > Symbols menu.
- Ask for confirmation when quitting Dianara if a post is being composed.
- Pressing Enter in title field jumps to message body. Likewise, pressing the Up Arrow at the start of the message jumps to the title field.
- Better notification of authentication-related errors.
- Added some more fallback icons, for environments without (good) iconsets.
- Updated Italian translation, by Metal Biker.
- Partial updates to Polish translation by Derping Muffins and CyberKiller, and German translation by Emvigo.
- Other small fixes.
- Upload of other media types (audio, video, misc files).
Keep in mind that most people won't be able to see these at the moment!
(Related Pump.io issue: https://github.com/e14n/pump.io/issues/1014)
- Nicer download of media attachments.
- New --config parameter, to use a different configuration on startup.
Using this, you can run 2 or 3 instances of Dianara for different accounts.
- System tray icon can be configured to show your avatar, or a custom image.
- Added an optional toolbar.
- Added some widgets to the status bar.
- Avatar button gets highlighted when hovering, to make it more obvious.
- New messages are highlighted with a gradient on the right side.
- Added partial german translation, by Emvigo.
- Some minor fixes.
- Comments can be edited.
- Ability to search the contact list by partial name or address.
- Filters have been extended to be used in the timelines too, and can also be set to *highlight* posts, in addition to hiding them.
- Fixed very wide comments.
- Nicer avatars-buttons with options are used everywhere now.
- Meanwhile items such as "someone followed someone else", also have an avatar-button for that person, with the usual options.
- 'Meanwhile' item highlighting uses different, customizable colors. These are also used in the Timeline posts, where appropriate.
- Configurable notifications.
- More information in Meanwhile tooltips.
- Fuzzy timestamps, like "3 minutes ago" are updated every minute.
- Log window.
- Post of type 'audio', 'video' and 'file' are shown in a basic manner.
Video/Audio upload mostly works but has been disabled for this release.
- More keyboard control for timelines (Ctrl+Up/Down/PgUp/PgDown/Home/End).
- Quoting partial comments (selected text) now works, though it has issues.
- Info about a hovered URL in posts and comments is now shown in the status bar.
- New contacts are added to the lists without the need to fully reload them after following or unfollowing someone.
- Several enhancements in the Image Viewer.
- Added some fallback icons, to be used when the system iconset doesn't have an appropriate icon.
- Disable some menus and widgets until Dianara is authorized to use an account.
- New libmagic dependency.
- Lots of other fixes and improvements.