Version Control: Link
Minimum required Qt 4.x
|Submitted: Jan 10 2012|
Updated: Dec 16 2014
Dianara is a pump.io client, an application for GNU/linux and other desktop systems that allows users to manage their pump.io social networking accounts without the need to use a web browser, and provides several features not available in the standard web interface. It is Free Software (Free as in freedom).
You can learn more about Pump.io here http://communicationfreedom.wordpress.com/pump-io
Here's a summary of the main things it can do at this point: Posting text with some formatting, uploading pictures, audio, video and other files, receiving and navigating the timelines, liking/commenting/sharing/deleting/editing posts, liking, editing and deleting comments, editing your profile, changing your avatar, following/unfollowing people and managing contacts and person lists.
You can run 2 or more instances of Dianara with different configurations, by using the "--config" command line parameter.
Dianara is available in Chakra, Mageia 4/5, Debian Testing/Sid, Ubuntu 13.10/14.04 KaosX and openSuse Factory repositories.
Archlinux packages (via AUR) here:
Gentoo ebuild: http://packages.gentoo.org/package/net-im/dianara
Fedora packages here: http://sylke.altervista.org/repo/
MSwindows builds available here: http://luisgf.es/pump/
If you need to build from source, check the INSTALL file carefully for building instructions, and the BUGS and TODO files to see all the known issues.
In July 2013, identi.ca completed the migration to the pump.io platform, so Dianara can also be used as an identi.ca client now.
Dianara is available in English, Catalan, Spanish and Italian languages. Partially translated to German and Polish.
If you're interested in translating it to your language, let me know and check the TRANSLATING file. It's quite easy.
- Mentions and Actions feeds. Access them via keyboard with Control+1/2/3. (Keyboard shortcut to reload Meanwhile feed has been changed to F2)
- Made some of the labels expandable; they will show extra information when clicked.
- Offer to insert links to image files as embedded images, when pasting.
- Very long post titles will be cut when posting.
- Shared posts now show sharer's information in a wide line at the top.
- Show warning when posting only to Followers, but having none.
- Added new configuration categories, and rearranged some options.
- Added option to show post client information directly.
- Option to insert basic tables in messages.
- Avatar menus now sync their Follow/Unfollow option based on global contact list changes.
- Added more fallback icons.
- Added Control+Enter shortcut for the "Done" button when selecting specific recipients for a message.
- Enhancements in the experimental group support.
- Added a few changes to support GNU Mediagoblin's upcoming Pump.io API. You'll be able to use Dianara to post to Mediagoblin sites once its 0.8.0 version is out.
- Added links to the Pump.io User Guide (https://github.com/e14n/pump.io/wiki/User-Guide).
- Fixed #4: some memory leaks, thanks to a patch by Gregor Herrmann.
- Fixed wrong order in list of likes in posts.
- Fixed extra spaces inserted when creating links in the middle of some existing text.
- Other small fixes.
- Optional snippets in the Meanwhile feed, with configurable character limit.
- Clicking the button that shows the page number at the bottom of a timeline (or pressing Control+G) will open a window to jump to any page.
- Menu option to enable/disable timeline auto-updating.
- New status bar icon indicates initialization stage and state of auto-updates. Clicking it will also toggle the state of auto-updates.
- Tray icon shows how many of the new messages are also highlighted.
- Names of recipients are shown as links in the Publisher, so hovering over them will show their addresses in the status bar.
- More logging, specifically during initial client registration and the authorization token process.
- Settings dialog switched from tabs to stacked view, to have more categories in the future.
- Added a TRANSLATING file, with instructions for new translators.
- Fixed quoting texts containing "less than" and "greather than" symbols.
- Fixed long shutdown time.
- Lots of other small visual changes and fixes.
- Configurable fonts.
- Ability to open the parent post for posts in the timelines, if they were replies to something, such as a shared comment appearing in the timeline.
- Option to send a message to a contact directly from the avatar menu and from the contact list.
- Show your user ID in popup notifications. Useful if you run more than one instance of Dianara for different accounts.
- Show total number of items in timelines, in the tooltips of their tabs, and the total number of pages with the current page number, at the bottom.
- Show how many Meanwhile items are highlighted, among those that are new.
- Some settings in Configure dialog have been rearranged.
- Filter comparison for "Activity description" removes links from it, allowing for simpler rules.
- More details about post location, in the tooltip of the location name.
- Fixed Meanwhile feed growing very wide sometimes.
- Fixed Edit button not working on posts opened in separate window.
- Other bug fixes and minor changes.