Version Control: Link
Depends on Qt 4.x
|Submitted: Jan 10 2012|
Updated: Jan 11 2014
Dianara is a pump.io client, an application for GNU/linux that allows users to manage their pump.io social networking accounts without the need to use a web browser.
Here's a summary of the main things it can do at this point: Posting text with some formatting, uploading pictures, receiving and navigating the timelines, liking/commenting/sharing/deleting/editing posts, liking and deleting comments, editing your profile, changing your avatar, following/unfollowing people and managing contacts and person lists.
Dianara is available in Chakra, Mageia 4/Cauldron, Debian Testing/Sid and Ubuntu 13.10 repositories.
openSUSE packages are available here: http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3AXRevan86&package=dianara
Archlinux packages (via AUR) here:
Gentoo ebuild: http://packages.gentoo.org/package/net-im/dianara
Fedora packages here: http://sylke.altervista.org/repo/
Check the INSTALL file carefully for building instructions, and the BUGS and TODO files to see all the known issues.
In July 2013, identi.ca completed the migration to the pump.io platform, so its users can use Dianara to manage their identi.ca accounts now.
Dianara is available in English, Catalan, Spanish and Italian languages. There is a polish translation in the works.
If you're interested in translating it to your language, let me know. It's quite easy.
- The Meanwhile feed now highlights activities related to you. There is a counter for new activities, which are also darker until clicked.
- Button to open related posts from the Meanwhile feed. (Has issues, see pump.io issue https://github.com/e14n/pump.io/issues/873)
- Ability to manage members of person lists.
- Filters to block activities in the Meanwhile feed containing certain words, from certain users, or from certain applications (like OFG).
- Button to get more (older) items in the Meanwhile feed.
- The contact list gets all contacts now (previously limited to 200).
- Own posts are no longer counted as new.
- Some keyboard shortcuts have been hardcoded, so they should work under bare WMs, like OpenBox. Some new shortcuts have been added.
- Better publisher layout. The option to select different publisher layouts has been removed.
- Moved "Formatting" button out of the composer.
- Different posts-per-page configurations for the main timeline and the rest.
- Option to mark everything as read.
- Show post's location, if there is one.
- Account configuration will show automatically on the first run of the program.
- The interface should be more responsive now while updating timelines.
- Option to normalize post text colors temporarily.
- Some data is stored differently now, so a few things will reset on first use.
- Lots of other small fixes and enhancements.
- Post editing.
- Ability to create person lists, delete them, and post to specific lists.
- Better posts resizing (no more splitters).
- Optimize image sizes inside posts and comments.
- Avatar upload in profile editor.
- Author's avatar in posts is a button with several options.
- Show if a post has been updated, and when.
- Show "To" and "CC" recipients in posts as links.
- Option to paste without formatting (as plain text).
- Make proper links automatically when pasting a link-like text.
- Option to quote comments.
Selecting text in a post before clicking "Comment" also quotes it.
- Regular notes can have titles.
- Account wizard polishing.
- Italian translation, by Metal Biker.
- Some more text formatting options. Selecting "Normal" now clears colors, too.
- Full screen option.
- Partially fixed the ever-increasing memory usage issue.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements.
- Image uploads with title and description.
- Comment liking and unliking.
- Ability to delete your own comments.
- Show unread messages count in tray icon.
- Contacts exporting.
- New posts are marked as unread until clicked or timeline is updated again.
- Don't clear and hide publisher or commenter until posting is confirmed, so
you don't lose your post in case of network/server error.
- Load images in comments.
- Clearly show if "Public" or "Followers" is currently selected when posting.
- Added a "Symbols" submenu under the "Formatting" menu in the composer.
- Improved "Minor Feed".
- Improved "Picture mode" in Publisher.
- Lowered QJSON requirement to 0.7.x.
- Lots of other minor bugfixes.