Minimum required Qt 4.x
|Submitted: Apr 16 2013|
Updated: Jul 19 2014
HotShots is an application for capturing screens and saving them in a variety of image formats as well as adding annotations and graphical data (arrows, lines, texts, ...).
- Correct invalid window position in region and freehand capture on linux
- Editor: correct an incorrect save/restore for rectangle/ellipse item
- Editor: change in palette wasn't correctly restored
- Editor: invalid restore of maximized window state
- Speed up launch time
- Add option for mouse cursor in snapshot
- Add User defined action on click/double-click tray icon
- Editor: add group alignment (vertical/horizontal)
- Editor: add rescale background image panel
- Change Windows grabbing code on windows platform
- Editor: correct invalid save/restore position for text item
- Enhanced shortcut editor
- Add portable settings support (--portable option)
- Add valid debian package files
- Correct invalid freehand and region grabbing on linux (multi monitor)
- Autostart on linux
- Add Portuguese translation. Thanks to Vinícius "A. Jorge".
- Add German translation. Thanks to dbr.
- Change default location of translation file on linux ("/share/hotshots/locale" instead of "/share/locale")
- Change some icons (best visual consistency)
- Add launch editor action in systray menu
- Editor: ability to set background color for some item type (rectangle, ellipse, text)
- Editor: add a palette of last used of foreground/background color pair
- Editor: add last saved/loaded file
- Editor: add "bring to top/bottom" for selected elements
- Editor: add "autorepeat" on font size buttons
- Add MacOSX target
- Editor: add margin to render pixmap (incorrect crop)
- Editor: correct layout problem on font preview
- Editor: correct focus problem on text item
- Editor: correct saved shadow state on some items
- Editor: correct invalid proposed name for "save as" function
- Editor: correct text cursor move with keyboard if text item is selected
- correct a problem with automatic naming of exported image
- Add Romanian translation. Thanks to Jaff.
- Editor: ESC key force select mode.
- Editor: add key +/- for zooming
- Add ability to directly load a file (.hot/image) in editor with command line
- find the correct path for translation files on linux in some cases
- incorrect display on multiple screen configuration in some cases
- incorrect display of splashscreen on linux in some cases
- some layout changes
- Editor: add multi selection
- Editor: ability to select shadow on each item
- Editor: ability to edit some items (polygon, polyline, curve) more easily
- Editor: ability to add post-effect to image background
- Uploader: add a user field to define the output template for FTP uploader
- Ability to send directly to printer a ducument
- Add Slovak translation. Thanks to Slavko.
- Add Turkish translation. Thanks to reis33.
- Add Russian translation. Thanks to Andrey Maraev.
- Add Sinhala translation. Thanks to chathu151.
- Add Serbian translation. Thanks to ozzii.
- Add Czech translation. Thanks to fri.
- Add Vietnamese translation. Thanks to ppanhh.
- Add Basque translation. Thanks to Alexander Gabilondo.
- Add Spanish translation. Thanks to Manuel Soriano.
- Add Chinese translation. Thanks to taijuin.
- default location not updated in some case
- add a message box to clear/update background image if annotation exists
- can't crop an already cropped image
- start in tray don't works
- Blurring don't work on small area
- Font preview can "disrupt" the editor layout
- Incorrect post effect after crop
- incorrect loading of translation file in some cases
- incorrect list of supported image format list in save dialog
- ability to force a background color for clipboard/web copy
- ability to launch Internet browser when uploading is done
- add polish translation. Thanks to Andrzej.
- some cosmetic changes
- add an image uploading service (tof.canardpc.com/)
- use external Qxt lib on linux
- correct untimely exit when HotShots is minimized
- change default style on linux platformn
- correct a problem with transparency for clipboard/web copy
- correct invalid bounding rect when item are outside background image
- Add direct upload to the web
- Add torn edge effect
- Ability keep/remove window decoration for screenshot
- Add a freehand region capture mode
- Restructure window grabbing code
- Add Italian translation. Thanks to Manfrommars (Manfrommars at libero dot it)
- Add Japanese translation. Thanks to piyo.
- Ability to play a sound when capture is finished
- Ability to choose if HotShots must be hide during screen capture
- Change magnifier size for region capture
- Editor: ability to export annotated image directly to the clipboard
- Editor: add duplication function
- Editor: add a curve shape
- Editor: add ability to crop base image
- Editor: change some default sizes
- Editor: display mouse position in editor (useful for debug !)
- Editor: display the view scale factor
- Editor: change somes icons for UI clarification
- Incorrect save/restore of system shotcuts
- Incorrect backup/restore of some shapes
- Incorrect .pro definition for install on Linux
- Can't find Credits and Changelog on Linux
- Incorrect magnifier location for region capture
- Editor: Magnifier can only be defined from top-left to bottom-right
- Editor: incorrect magnifier resizing
- Editor: bad support of transparency on saved edition (.hot)
- Update GPL header (outdated)
- Incorrect install of langage files on linux (.pro)
- add Lithuanian translation. Thanks to Algimantas Margevicius
- Invalid preprocessor directive for OS/2 platform
- invalid signal/slot connection on OS2 platform
- First official release