Version Control: Link
Minimum required Qt 4.x
|Submitted: Jan 10 2012|
Updated: Oct 20 2014
Dianara is a pump.io client, an application for GNU/linux that allows users to manage their pump.io social networking accounts without the need to use a web browser, and provides several features not available in the standard web interface. It is Free Software (Free as in freedom). You can learn more about Pump.io here http://communicationfreedom.wordpress.com/pump-io
Here's a summary of the main things it can do at this point: Posting text with some formatting, uploading pictures, audio, video and other files, receiving and navigating the timelines, liking/commenting/sharing/deleting/editing posts, liking, editing and deleting comments, editing your profile, changing your avatar, following/unfollowing people and managing contacts and person lists.
You can run 2 or more instances of Dianara with different configurations, by using the "--config" command line parameter.
Dianara is available in Chakra, Mageia 4/5, Debian Testing/Sid, Ubuntu 13.10/14.04 KaosX and openSuse Factory repositories.
Archlinux packages (via AUR) here:
Gentoo ebuild: http://packages.gentoo.org/package/net-im/dianara
Fedora packages here: http://sylke.altervista.org/repo/
MSwindows builds available here: http://luisgf.es/pump/
If you need to build from source, check the INSTALL file carefully for building instructions, and the BUGS and TODO files to see all the known issues.
In July 2013, identi.ca completed the migration to the pump.io platform, so Dianara can also be used as an identi.ca client now.
Dianara is available in English, Catalan, Spanish and Italian languages. Partially translated to German and Polish.
If you're interested in translating it to your language, let me know and check the TRANSLATING file. It's quite easy.
- Optional snippets in the Meanwhile feed, with configurable character limit.
- Clicking the button that shows the page number at the bottom of a timeline (or pressing Control+G) will open a window to jump to any page.
- Menu option to enable/disable timeline auto-updating.
- New status bar icon indicates initialization stage and state of auto-updates. Clicking it will also toggle the state of auto-updates.
- Tray icon shows how many of the new messages are also highlighted.
- Names of recipients are shown as links in the Publisher, so hovering over them will show their addresses in the status bar.
- More logging, specifically during initial client registration and the authorization token process.
- Settings dialog switched from tabs to stacked view, to have more categories in the future.
- Added a TRANSLATING file, with instructions for new translators.
- Fixed quoting texts containing "".
- Fixed long shutdown time.
- Lots of other small visual changes and fixes.
- Configurable fonts.
- Ability to open the parent post for posts in the timelines, if they were replies to something, such as a shared comment appearing in the timeline.
- Option to send a message to a contact directly from the avatar menu and from the contact list.
- Show your user ID in popup notifications. Useful if you run more than one instance of Dianara for different accounts.
- Show total number of items in timelines, in the tooltips of their tabs, and the total number of pages with the current page number, at the bottom.
- Show how many Meanwhile items are highlighted, among those that are new.
- Some settings in Configure dialog have been rearranged.
- Filter comparison for "Activity description" removes links from it, allowing for simpler rules.
- More details about post location, in the tooltip of the location name.
- Fixed Meanwhile feed growing very wide sometimes.
- Fixed Edit button not working on posts opened in separate window.
- Other bug fixes and minor changes.
- Proxy configuration support. Password is not stored securely, so you can leave it empty and be prompted for it on startup.
- Animated images are now animated when viewed in the separate image viewer.
- Filters are now case insensitive, ie. "openfarmgame" matches "OpenFarmGame".
- Added a delay before reloading all comments after posting a reply.
- Enhanced initialization, so Dianara will keep on trying to get all initial data (your profile, etc) if it fails initially.
- Basic Help window.
- Configurable "unread post" color.
- Show To/CC info in the timestamp tooltip of minor feed activities.
- The Normalize Text Colors option in posts works in most cases now.
- Link color is no longer specified, so other contacts will see links in the color configured by them.
- New way to show attachments, including attached images.
- Better filename suggestions when saving attachments.
- Option to create bullet lists in the Format menu.
- More symbols in the Format > Symbols menu.
- Ask for confirmation when quitting Dianara if a post is being composed.
- Pressing Enter in title field jumps to message body. Likewise, pressing the Up Arrow at the start of the message jumps to the title field.
- Better notification of authentication-related errors.
- Added some more fallback icons, for environments without (good) iconsets.
- Updated Italian translation, by Metal Biker.
- Partial updates to Polish translation by Derping Muffins and CyberKiller, and German translation by Emvigo.
- Other small fixes.