Version Control: Link
Minimum required Qt 4.x
|Submitted: Jan 10 2012|
Updated: Sep 18 2015
Dianara is a pump.io client, an application for GNU/linux and other desktop systems that allows users to manage their pump.io social networking accounts without the need to use a web browser, and provides several features not available in the standard web interface. Since it's a Pump client, you can use it also for GNU Mediagoblin sites. It is Free Software (Free as in freedom).
You can learn more about Pump.io here http://communicationfreedom.wordpress.com/pump-io
Here's a summary of the main things it can do at this point: Posting text with some formatting, uploading pictures, audio, video and other files, receiving and navigating the timelines, liking/commenting/sharing/deleting/editing posts, liking, editing and deleting comments, editing your profile, changing your avatar, changing your e-mail, following/unfollowing people and managing contacts and person lists.
You can run 2 or more instances of Dianara with different configurations, by using the "--config" command line parameter.
Dianara is available in Chakra, Mageia 4 and later, Debian 8 (Jessie) and later, Ubuntu 13.10 and later KaosX, openSuse 13.2 and later, and Parabola's repositories.
Archlinux packages (via AUR) here:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/dianara/ (vote for it there!)
Gentoo ebuild: http://packages.gentoo.org/package/net-im/dianara
Fedora packages here: http://sylke.altervista.org/repo/ (outdated) and here: https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/rye/dianara/
MSwindows builds available here: http://luisgf.es/blog/pump/
If you need to build from source, check the INSTALL file carefully for building instructions, and the BUGS and TODO files to see all the known issues.
In July 2013, identi.ca completed the migration to the Pump.io platform, so Dianara can also be used as an identi.ca client now.
Dianara is available in English, Catalan, Spanish, Italian and German languages. Partially translated to Polish.
If you're interested in translating it to your language, or helping update one of the existing languages that might be incomplete, let me know and check the TRANSLATING file. It's quite easy.
- Option to browse posts from a user (only for users on the same server, for now).
- Option to set or change e-mail address for the account.
- Nick autocompleter now displays user ID, too.
- Proper links are made from URL's found anywhere, when pasting plain text.
- Added a Privacy category in the settings, with a couple of new options related to following people and managing lists.
- Button to configure account on status bar when account is not configured.
- Option to scroll main timeline to the new stuff line on update.
- Enhanced timeline page selector.
- Progress bar during program startup.
- Option to start application hidden in the system tray.
- Command line option to change the color of links: --linkcolor=color
(useful in GTK environments).
- Other minor fixes.
- Enhanced timeline updates and pagination. Timeline updates are much faster now, require less network traffic, and don't mark previous posts as read every time a feed is updated.
- Nickname autocompletion in post/comment composers. Type '@' to get a list of names, then type the first characters. When creating a note, this will add that contact to the "To" list. In comments it will just be a simple link.
- Posts opened from the "+" button in the Meanwhile feed will be able to load comments correctly much more often.
- Added a button to cancel an attachment in the publisher.
- The Favorites timeline will be scheduled for update when liking or unliking things, so liking several posts in a few minutes will only reload it once.
- Option to hide duplicated posts, that is, posts which were already visible in the timeline and have been received again due to sharing.
- Added setting to automatically set an initial post title from the file name of an attachment.
- Option to choose the size of avatars for posts.
- Comment area in posts will use the space more efficiently.
- Option to make shared posts more obvious, with sharer's avatar.
- Option to highlight comments made by the author of a post, and your own comments, with a subtle hint.
- Optional character counter in the publisher.
- Other new options in the settings dialog. Some were rearranged.
- The Account dialog will be locked when Dianara is already authorized to use your account.
- Some highlighting colors are now enabled by default.
- Time of last timeline update will be shown on the menu bar.
- Attached images which fail to load (usually due to permissions) will show a clear message.
- A demo notification will be shown when setting the notification style.
- Command line option to ignore SSL errors. Use with care!
- Command line options now have short form alternatives like -c or -d.
- Fixed handling system shutdown; properly close at environment's request.
- Fixed loading of remote images when the URL has parameters, and when the URL doesn't have a schema.
- Fixed issues with initial width of comments.
- Fixed handling cases when the tray icon is not available.
- Fixed Ctrl+Shift+V, to paste without format, in comments.
- Fixed flickering effect on some timestamps.
- Other small fixes.
- Mentions and Actions feeds. Access them via keyboard with Control+1/2/3. (Keyboard shortcut to reload Meanwhile feed has been changed to F2)
- Made some of the labels expandable; they will show extra information when clicked.
- Offer to insert links to image files as embedded images, when pasting.
- Very long post titles will be cut when posting.
- Shared posts now show sharer's information in a wide line at the top.
- Show warning when posting only to Followers, but having none.
- Added new configuration categories, and rearranged some options.
- Added option to show post client information directly.
- Option to insert basic tables in messages.
- Avatar menus now sync their Follow/Unfollow option based on global contact list changes.
- Added more fallback icons.
- Added Control+Enter shortcut for the "Done" button when selecting specific recipients for a message.
- Enhancements in the experimental group support.
- Added a few changes to support GNU Mediagoblin's upcoming Pump.io API. You'll be able to use Dianara to post to Mediagoblin sites once its 0.8.0 version is out.
- Added links to the Pump.io User Guide (https://github.com/e14n/pump.io/wiki/User-Guide).
- Fixed #4: some memory leaks, thanks to a patch by Gregor Herrmann.
- Fixed wrong order in list of likes in posts.
- Fixed extra spaces inserted when creating links in the middle of some existing text.
- Other small fixes.